#RPGaDay 2017, day 15 - Which RPG do you enjoy adapting the most?

My favorite RPGs are usually generic rule book publications, so that the adapting is already half way done. So using that as the touchstone, welcome to my obsessive decisiveness! I cannot choose which generic system to settle on as my system. There is a short list of systems I have come to love and I want to settle in and adapt and make my own. But once I think I've found the one, suddenly that other system over there looks like it will fulfill all my gaming needs. And so I move to next one and immerse myself into it. And the process continues. All the while amassing an ever growing collection of publications. Making the rounds. For the last few years I've even attempted to track where my obsession leads.

The big ones are:

  • Savage Worlds
  • GURPS
  • d20 Modern
  • Basic Roleplaying
  • Fate
  • Fudge
  • D6


Systems that I wish had a generic core rulebook:

  • Vortex
  • Ubiquity
The Star Wars game was on that last list, but with GENESYS coming out... it's a granted wish! A dream come true! An answered prayer!

GENESYS may honestly put this obsession to rest. We'll see if it needs adapting.













Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more