#RPGaDay2015 Day 20: Favorite Horror RPG

Where science fiction actually took some time to decide on a favorite, horror is much easier, because there isn't a lot of variety on my shelves to choose from. Not my thing.

So my answer is kind of unfair. It very well could have been, probably, would have, most likely would be...

https://rpggeek.com/rpgitem/46775/rip-horror 

From what I understand, and I may be wrong about this, R.I.P. was supposed to be powered by the system that runs Top Secret/S.I. Strong hints to that effect were the comic/modules that TSR was producing about the time this game was supposed to come out. These were comics, in comic book format, that had pretty low quality comic stories as well as game information. The game content was usually characters from the comic's stats for whatever RPG the comic was set in, but also sometimes had additional or alternate rules. Most of these were for said Top Secret/S.I. and Buck Rogers XXVc. R.I.P. was the title of one of these awful comic/modules. The game material in these were stuff like sanity rules and typical horror monsters for the Top Secret/S.I. rules and that stuff wasn't too bad.

All that to say, if this game would have been released, this probably would have been my favorite horror RPG.




Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more