Steel Monsters


Enforcer
I remember these in the Sears catalogs, etc. and always wanted them, but never got them. The resemblance to Mad Max was awfully confusing to me. I remember trying to figure out where the Mad Max figure was.
Steel Monsters were a toy series from the Tonka company in the 1980s
Produced in 1986 and 1987 by Tonka, they were well-made and colorful 3-3/4" figures, each having its own mini-comic. Sub-labeled as "The Only Survivors", they were very reminiscent of the Mad Max genre, with Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome coming out the year before.
wikipedia

Wheel Boss


Destroyer

Half Track



Pulverizor

Tygress


Wrecker (with Viking)

Bomber

Metal Face

 



Blaster

Talon






Masher

Punk



Barbarian

Retread

Even though Metal Face and Punk are pictured with their respected vehicles above, I think they were switched somehow. I seem to remember seeing Metal Face with the Masher and Punk with Bomber, but I left it for consistency with the pictures.

But then again, it does appear to be Metal Face in the ad above.

















Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more