Gary's Gold Mine

Sunday afternoon on our way home from church my wife spotted a garage sale sign that listed comics among other things. Later she granted me leave to go check it out. What I found was Gary's Gold Mine!


Here is his Craigs List ad.This ad is expired, but Gary said depending on the weather he hosts this sale from his garage around twice a month all summer long.

Several titles from my back-issues list were marked as found from his $0.25 bins (which I find almost therapeutical to thumb through) and I spied many more I'd like to come back and pick up at a later date. There were more than a dozen long boxes full of comics. There was also a whole lot more than just comics, too. The walls were covered with all sorts of comic related merchandise- figures, toy cars, model kits! Unbelievable what is available.

I caught him in the last hour of the weekend's sale and we hit it off pretty well. Very nice fellow. Very willing to negotiate. He showed off many of his rare and rather interesting items including a very impressive collection of Golden Age titles in amazing condition.

I found it a very nice experience and I'm sure I'll be returning throughout the summer.

You can reach Gary by email at cribkicker@cfaith.com if you have any questions about the next sale or available titles.

Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more