Tarzan

I've found a way to enjoy Tarzan with my son. For the last few years I've discovered the joy of the Edgar Rice Burrough's novels. My son is too young to read yet, but he really enjoys animated television. Together we're discovering the '70s series Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle. I haven't seen many other adaptations of Tarzan (including the Disney version. I'd like to see that one, just haven't yet). The Lord of the Jungle cartoon is actually quite accurate to the novels. Greystoke is well spoken and intelligent. The show features the Mangani which are the fictional race of intelligent apes and even uses many words from the Mangani language. Through the series, Tarzan visits many of the lost cities introduced in the novels. The animation is based on the art from the newspaper strip by Burne Hogarth, Burrough's favorite Tarzan comic artist.

So far it has been a wonderful journey. I hope to see the series released on DVD someday. For legal reasons and copyright issues, that seems unlikely anytime soon.

Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more